Wednesday, April 2, 2014

20 Time Update 01

My 20 Time project isn't exactly a single cohesive effort; each week, I'm going to either improve one of my existing 3D models or make a new model (whether it's a contribution to a group project, a personal project, a commission, etc.).  My mentor is Mr. Smith, who has agreed to help me to the best of his ability (thanks, Mr. Smith!).  Today, I worked on preparing one of my models (a necklace design from a TV show) for 3D printing in plastic (technically I could print it as it is, but there's a few things that I can do to the model to lower the price).  I've had a lot of trouble with this particular model, especially with the random holes that show up in the back when I upload it to the 3D printer's website, but I managed to make them small enough that it won't be a problem for the design.  I'm planning on doing more 3D print-prepping in the future, seeing as it's something that I can actually make money from.

No comments:

Post a Comment